The cake recipe is simple and can be easily followed. The results are delicious and the cake is a great addition to any party or gathering.
Cake Batter Recipe
Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, anyone can bake a cake from scratch with this cake batter recipe. This recipe of the best cake in Singapore makes enough batter for two 8-inch rounds or one 9×13-inch pan. For cupcakes, make about 24.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans or one 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk until just combined (batter will be thick).
- Pour batter into prepared pans; bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean—about 30 minutes for the 8-inch rounds.
Frosting and Filling Recipes
There’s no need to be a professional baker to make delicious frosting and filling recipes at home. Anyone can make these sweet treats with the right ingredients and a little elbow grease.
The most important ingredient in any frosting or filling recipe is sugar. Sugar not only sweetens the recipe but also helps to thicken and stabilize it. When making a recipe that calls for granulated sugar, be sure to use superfine sugar for the best results.
Another key ingredient is butter. Butter adds flavor and richness to frosting and filling recipes, so be sure to use unsalted butter for the best flavor. If your recipe calls for softened butter, be sure to let it sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before beginning your recipe. This will help ensure that your butter mixes evenly with the other ingredients.
Once you have your sugar and butter ready, you can begin mixing up your frosting or filling recipe. If you’re looking for a basic vanilla frosting recipe, simply combine 1 cup of unsalted butter with 4 cups of powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. For a chocolate version, add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to the mix.
Cake Decorating Tips
Cake decorating is an art that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cake decorator, there are always new tips and techniques to learn. Here are a few cake-decorating tips to help you create beautiful cakes:
- Use a turntable: A turntable is a must-have for anyone serious about cake decorating. It makes it much easier to frost and decorate cakes evenly.
- Invest in good quality tools: Cheap tools will only frustrate you and make your cake look less than perfect. Spend a little extra money on high-quality piping bags, nozzles, spatulas, and other tools.
- Get creative with your fillings: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavor combinations for your cake fillings. Consider using fruit purees, jams, or even Nutella!
- Make your fondant: Store-bought fondant can be expensive and often tastes terrible. Save money by making your marshmallow fondant at home – it’s quite easy!
- Use fresh flowers: Fresh flowers are a beautiful way to decorate any cake. Be sure to use edible flowers that have been properly washed.