Apex is the name of the first and only expansion for one of the most played games in the world, League of Legends. This Apex Patch Notes guide will show you what’s new in the latest patch notes and what exactly changed with this upgrade to keep you current and allow you to share your favorite pieces of information and in-game situations that everyone may find helpful in their gameplay. Please remember this is a WIP (work in progress), so I’ll be adding more and more as these updates roll out.
New Map in Apex Legends Patch Notes: The Outlands
The Outlands is Apex Legends Patch Notes biggest map update to date. It features a large industrial area on its west side, with plenty of open space for long-range fights and sniper firefights—but also has a town square where the old school meets modern tech in the form of hologram billboards advertising Apex Cup 19. The map also has a large lake on its eastern edge that can be used for aquatic combat if you find yourself stranded in battle without an extraction point nearby or just want to surprise enemies with some aquatic warfare tactics!
The long-awaited Vantage is here! This new rework of the mountain-climbing event will provide more rewards and experiences for players than ever before, along with a new set of skins inspired by the mythical creature that has been terrorizing Summoner’s Rift for years.
Vantage is a unique League of Legends champion. He specializes in long-range combat and can be played as a marksman or support. Like other snipers in the game, Vantage relies on his ability to stay out of danger while dealing high damage from afar.
His passive ability is called “Survivalist Sniper,” It allows him to easily escape danger by slowing down time for himself when he’s low on health. This allows him to escape any incoming attacks that might otherwise kill him.
Vantage’s first skill is “Assassinate,” which allows him to deal massive damage if his target has less than 40% health left. It also gives Vantage an additional attack speed buff which helps him deal more damage.
Hail of Arrows
His second skill is called “Hail Of Arrows,” It lets Vantage shoot arrows at all nearby enemies in front of him at once, dealing moderate damage to each one hit by the arrow per second until they die or move out of range.”
His third ability is called “Steady Aim,” which increases attack speed but only lasts for five seconds at a time before needing cool down time again; this makes it useful for when you need some extra burst power.
You’ll be able to earn exclusive rewards during this limited-time event that includes:
- A new skin for Gnar, based on a fearsome dragon known as Targon
- A new skin for Kai’Sa, inspired by the legendary beast known as Rek’Sai
- A new ward skin, also based on Targon
- A new summoner icon based on the great dragon.
The Kings Canyon Update Is Here!
We’ve got a lot of new content to share, so let’s start.
You’ll first notice that the two teams have been swapped around. This means that now the blue team will be on the left side, and the red team will be on the right. The second thing you’ll notice is that there’s a new jungle camp in each lane – these camps are more difficult than regular camps, but they reward more gold and experience. We’ve also added a new type of objective: watchtowers. These small structures can be captured by walking up to them and pressing E (default keybind) or using an ability near them. Watchtowers give sight over the area around their location, so they’re great for keeping track of enemy movements!
There are also some new items available in this patch:
- Spike Shield grants you a temporary shield after taking damage from an enemy champion
- Spiked Shield grants your basic attacks bonus armor penetration for a short duration
- Heavenly Sword gives you an attack speed buff after landing an ability on an enemy champion.
Improved Level Cap
League of Legends has increased its level cap! You’ll be able to level up by playing any game mode in the League of Legends client. We’ve also introduced a new system that rewards you with a loot box for each level you gain. These boxes contain a variety of awesome rewards, including exclusive skins, icons, and more.
Champions in Apex Patch Notes
Akali’s Twilight Shroud now lasts 1 second longer.
Headshot’s bonus damage is no longer increased by Critical Strike Chance or Critical Strike Damage and instead scales with Attack Damage.
Darius’ W has a slight delay before dealing damage. This change was made to fix an issue where players could lose track of the small hitbox and die unexpectedly if they were out of range at the time of cast.
Note: This does not affect Feint, which is still instant cast.
Bug Fixes In Apex Legends
- Fixed a bug where Aurelion Sol’s stars could be knocked back by abilities.
- Fixed a bug where Aurelion Sol could lose his stars when moving through the fountain.
- Fixed a bug where Apex Legends players could use Summoner spells while under the effect of Airborne status.
- Fixed a bug where Mordekaiser could push himself and his target out of some areas using Children of the Grave and Dragonstrike.
- Fixed a bug where minions would occasionally stop attacking champions that were feared.
- Fixed a bug where, if you died while casting Rylai’s Crystal Scepter, your next ability cast would not be reduced by its cooldown timer.
- Fixed a bug where certain champions’ death animations were not playing correctly if they were affected by certain status effects at the time of their death (specifically Warwick’s Infinite Duress, Ivern’s Daisy!, and Ornn’s Bellows Breath).
- Fixed a bug where certain interactions with Rakan caused him to walk in place rather than move smoothly.
- Fixed an issue with the animation timing on Skarner’s Crystal Slash.
New Character in Legends Patch Notes
Alongside all of these changes, there’s one more thing coming to Legends Patch Notes with this update: A new playable Legend character named Octane! You can find out all about him here!
Octane is a Battle Royale champion who excels at close-range combat and quick maneuvers. He can recharge his health by executing enemies and boost his speed with fuel, which he can replenish by outrunning his foes.
This update also includes:
- New skins for K/DA Kai’Sa, Jhin, Sona, Xayah, Yasuo, Zoe, and Pyke.
- New ward skins, including one for Iron Solari Leona and another for DJ Sona.
- A new mission system allows players to earn rewards every time they level up their accounts in League of Legends.
Apex Patch Notes is being promoted as an overhauled and improved client for League of Legends, allowing players to navigate game functions more easily. With the new skin selection system, players can use visual cues to sort through their skins, while the new inventory system sorts all assets by type with filters that can be used to display items of choice. Ideally, this new format will make finding what a player wants easier than sifting through a confusing desktop or sorting through the website. We hope you enjoy these changes!